It’s interesting how often a week’s wine events seem to fall into patterns. Sometimes they happen because a winemaker or importer is in town making the rounds … other times, they’re purely coincidental and quite random. The coming week falls into the latter category, with two events each focused on Oregon … and cheese!
- Tonight (Friday), K’s monthly Wine Flight Friday focuses on Oregon wines, with two whites and two reds.
- Tuesday, Central Florida Women for Winesense hosts a virtual tasting at Digress Wine. Multiple WWS chapters across the country will come together via Facebook live to hear from three women winemakers, from Oregon producers Sokol-Blosser, Brooks, and A to Z. Of course, you’ll taste their wines as well!
Tim’s Wine Market is saying cheese on Thursday.
- Tim’s Lake Mary holds a cheese and wine class that promises “cool and unusual” pairings. Only a few seats left, I hear.
- Tim’s Windermere holds a wine and cheese pairing featuring Cambria wines and cheeses from Cambria’s “Culinary Center.”
But wait, there’s more!
Not everybody got the Oregon & Cheese memo, but these additional events next week are no less enticing:
- Tim’s Orlando shares new arrivals from Tuscany on Tuesday.
- Swirlery celebrates the summer solstice on Thursday with Spanish wines and light bites.
And hey, Tim’s classes always include cheese, and I’m fairly confident cheese will be involved in Swirlery’s Spanish “light bites.” So you can stick with the theme all week!
Check the Events Page for details on these events and and other happenings in the month to come.
Have a cheesy week, Orlando!