There’s a lot for Orlando wine lovers to get excited about in the coming week. We have a few more winery visitors in town, including Lisa Broman of Napa’s Broman Cellars – she’s doing three events in as many days at Luisa’s Cellar, Regency Wine & Liquor, and Tim’s Lake Mary-Sanford, respectively. Plus, an event this weekend offers the opportunity to sample food from Disney restaurants paired with wines chosen by a Master Sommelier … on a farm!
Read on for more highlights.
ORLANDO’S WEEK IN WINE
Wednesday, discover the world of British bubbles with Digby Fine English at Swirlery.
- Digress hosts a comparative tasting of well known grapes produced in classic and unusual styles.
- Tim’s Lake Mary features Spanish wines from Juan Gil.
- Tim’s Windermere holds a tasting featuring Napa’s Merryvale Vinyeards.
- Luisa’s Cellar hosts the final tasting in their California series, highlighting the state’s lesser known regions.
- The annual Field to Feast dinner at Long & Scott Farms in Zellwood features dishes from Disney restaurants, paired with wines – and sometimes cocktails and beers – chosen by Master Sommelier George Miliotes. Proceeds benefit Second Harvest Food Bank. (Full disclosure, this event is presented by Edible Orlando, for which I write a wine column.)
Details for these events and many more are on the Calendar Page. Cheers, and happy sipping, Orlando!